The connection between diet and behavior is a field abounding in misinformation and bias. The purpose of this blog is to bring you the research relating diet and environmental toxins to behavior and health, to help you make the best choices for your own family, whether you are dealing with depression, mood swings, attention deficits (ADHD), autism, bipolar, Tourette’s, or even Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s diseases.
Feel free to submit any question you have and any subject you would like to see discussed.
The information on this website is intended to be educational and informative and does not replace the guidance of a competent healthcare professional.
How to use this site:
You can find lists of studies by clicking on category or year of publication in the top or side menus. Their order seems random because it is by date of posting, but each one is named with the first researcher’s name and publication date.
If you know what you want, save time by using the Search at top of the right column. If what you want is not yet featured on the blog, try the list in the Science Library. If you don’t find what you want, write me.
General Information (a good place to start):
- ADHD & The 5% Notion
- Aggression, Conduct Disorder, Violence
- Autism, PDD, Aspergers
- Bedwetting (Enuresis)
- BHA, BHT, TBHQ (Preservatives)
- Dermatitis, Eczema, Hives (Urticaria)
- Ear Infections (Otitis Media)
- Eye Problems
- GI Problems, Stomach Ache
- Headache, Migraine
- Nasal Polyps
- Sleep Problems
- Tics, Tourette’s Syndrome
My favorite flyers/downloads:
- Comparison of dyes in food today with the 1940s
- When more than one additive hits a nerve
- My son’s story
- Loss of a special colleague and friend – Colleen Smethers’ Memorial Guest Book
- Shots & Tics: A few studies about tics following vaccinations (2018)
- Collection of studies on vaccines as a chart – in progress, so check back often to see updates (newest = July 27, 2019).